Texas BBQ Boneless Butterflied Whole Chicken – Alabama white sauce
By Justin McPhail
Boneless Butterflied Chicken
- x1 The Bare Bird Boneless Butterflied Chicken
- Use a generous amount of Salt & Cracked Pepper to coat the chicken
- ¼ Red Cabbage
- ¼ White Cabbage
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Bunch Dill
- 1 Bunch Parsley
Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Hot Sauce (Franks or Cholua available at most major supermarkets).
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Celery Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add Chicken to a roasting dish skin side up. Roast for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Use a food processor for 30 seconds to finely slice cabbage and celery. Chop herbs roughly and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Use as a dipping sauce for Chicken.
Tip: In this recipe the quality of the Bare Bird Boneless Butterflied Chicken is showcased with a simple ‘Dalmation’ rub of 50/50 salt & pepper. In Austin, Texas the Dalmation rub is king.