- 2kg chicken wings (thigh fillet and drumsticks can also be used)
- 80ml honey
- 150ml soy sauce
- 150ml orange juice
- 60g tomato sauce
- 60g chilli sauce
Add to taste:
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 160°c.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients: honey, soy sauce, orange juice, tomato sauce and chilli sauce,
- Then marinade the chicken and refrigerate.
- Take a deep pan, add the chicken pieces, then place in the oven for 35 minutes (adjust based on chicken portion used), until golden brown. If the sauce is still too runny, place on the stove and reduce, serve garnished with herbs of your choice.
Chefs notes: If using chicken drumsticks, you can French trim the drumsticks to give a better grip for your guests to hold.