- 500g The Bare Bird Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 Tbsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked or regular sea salt
- ¼ tsp chili or cayenne powder
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 bunch dutch carrots, tops trimmed
- 10 brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1 large avocado
- 3 Tbsp light extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Lightly salt chicken and set aside to rest while preparing other ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, sea salt and chili/cayenne.
- Chop veggies and place on baking tray along with chicken, drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil, gently toss to coat, ensuring chicken and veggies are evenly covered.
- Rub and gently pat the spice mixture onto the top of each chicken thigh creating a thin spice ‘crust’. If necessary, add a bit more olive oil to help spices adhere. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture onto veggies, gently toss veggies once more to coat, and arrange around chicken in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes, adding rotating veggies halfway through. Cook until meat golden brown and veggies are caramelized and crispy.
- While tray is baking, prepare Avocado Dressing by placing remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Serve chicken and veggies warm, topped with pan juices, fresh parsley and avocado dressing.
- Pair with cauliflower rice or quinoa if desired.