Rustic Spring Chicken Casserole
By Create Cook Share
- 8 The Bare Bird Chicken Thighs
- 8 baby white potatoes, cut in half
- 400g can organic chickpeas, drained
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup plain flour (glutenfree option)
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 400ml chicken broth or stock
- 200ml white wine
- 150g baby peas
- 150g English spinach or mustard greens, finely cut
- 200g broccolini, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons quality basil pesto
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Season the chicken and then toss it in the flour. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven and over a medium heat sauté the leek until soft. Add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and chickpeas, cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the pesto, mustard greens, peas and broccolini. Season, cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Distribute between shallow bowls and garnish with mint leaves. Serve with warm Crusty Bread.