Poached Chicken Breast with Msabaha, Chickpea & Pomegranate
By Ray Capaldi
4 The Bare Bird chicken breasts
200mL olive oil
400g Msabaha sauce
1 tin chickpeas (or 300g of dried chickpeas, soaked overnight)
12 Medjool dates
Seeds 1 pomegranate
2 stalks fresh dill
2 stalks fresh oregano
2 red chillies
Sumac & cumin (optional)
- Rub chicken breasts with turmeric and olive oil and leave to marinate at least 1 hour (marinating overnight will result in deeper flavour).
- Add Msabaha sauce to base of pan, layer chickpeas over the top and bring to boil.
- Add chicken breasts, dates, and chillies to the pan and place tray into the oven for 30-40 mins in a fan-forced oven at 180°C.
- Remove from oven, top with pomegranate seeds, dill and oregano.
- Sprinkle cumin and sumac at the end to taste (optional).