- 600g The Bare Bird Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into thirds
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100g walnuts, ground in food processor
- 1.5 tbs pomegranate molasses
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ a pomegranate, seeds removed
To serve (optional)
- Boiled rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Toasted pita / flat bread
- In a wide base pot add extra virgin olive oil and chicken. Cook until lightly browned and then add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum, garlic and walnuts and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, lime zest, sea salt, pepper, chicken stock and pomegranate molasses and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and garnish with red onion, parsley, and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve hot alongside rice, cauliflower rice or with toasted pita or flat bread.