Miso Chicken with Pickled Cucumber
By Create Cook Share
Chicken and Marinade:
- 8 The Bare Bird Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
Pickled Cucumber Salad:
- 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
Mint, Coriander Leaves, Chilli, Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and then add the chicken thigh fillets. Coat well and cover. Place in fridge and marinade for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the pickled cucumber. Slice the cucumbers, preferably with a mandoline then gently toss all the ingredients together until everything is evenly coated. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Toss again before serving.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place onto hot barbecue for 8 minutes each side or until caramelised and cooked through. Brush the charred pieces with the marinade as they cook.
- Place the chicken onto a serving platter and garnish with fresh mint leaves, coriander, chilli and sesame seeds. Serve alongside pickled cucumber salad.