One Pan – Lemon Chicken Risoni
By What’s For Dinner Frances
- 500 grams The Bare Bird Skinless Chicken Breasts Fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- *1 cup risoni pasta, (*GF option if preferred)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 a bunch kale, roughly torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or cast iron skillet set over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add the lemon slices. Sear the lemon until golden on each side, about 1 minute.
- Remove the lemon from the pan and add to the plate with the chicken.
- To the same skillet, add the garlic and risoni . Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the risoni toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet and de-glaze the pan.
- Add the chicken broth, kale, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir.
- Slide the chicken, lemon slices, and any juices left on the pan back into the skillet.
- Transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken topped with fresh dill and lemon zest.