Lemon, Honey Pepper Drumsticks
By Ray Capaldi
- 6-8 Bare Bird Drumsticks
- 200g honey
- 100g cherry vinegar
- 50g sugar
- 3 tbsp black peppercorns
- 75ml lemon juice
- Water as needed
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Mix vinegar and sugar in an ovenproof pan on stovetop.
- Bring to boil and reduce until large bubbles disappear.
- Add honey and peppercorns.
- Reduce to a syrup, then add drumsticks. If mix is too sticky, add water.
- Reduce further and coat drumsticks.
- Place pan into oven pre-heated at 180C for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 mins, and serve with fresh lemon wedges.