- 500 grams The Bare Bird chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut diagonally into 5cm lengths
- 1 x small fennel thinly sliced ( keep fronds for decorating )
- 4 x 5 radishes thinly sliced
- 200g watercress or rocket
- Handful of mint
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
INGREDIENTS FOR VINAIGRETTE
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Salt / Pepper
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken on grill for 4 -5 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked though.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Char your asparagus in a dry pan till al dente approx 2-3 min allow to cool , in the same pan toss your walnuts until toasted allow to cool.
- Make your vinaigrette by whisking together the vinegar & mustard then slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- While the chicken is resting place your watercress or rocket on a plate add your radish, asparagus , fennel & toasted walnuts.
- Slice your chicken breasts to the thickness of your preferred choice & arrange on top of your salad , finish with your mustard vinaigrette mint & fennel fronds .