Coffee and Black Pepper Breast Steaks
By Ray Capaldi
- 4-6 Bare Bird Breast Steaks
- 200ml cold pressed coffee
- 30 ml EVOO
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 50g crushed black peppercorns
- 1tsp gluten free cornflour, mixed to a paste
- Pan-fry chicken with olive oil, breast side up.
- Add chicken stock, honey, and coffee, and reduce until sticky.
- Coat breast with thickened sauce, and add more stock until it becomes runny.
- Add crushed peppercorns and cornflour paste to thicken.
- Serve with a fried egg and potato.