- 2 Bare Bird chicken breasts, cut into strips
Asian style poaching stock
- 1 ltr Bare Bird brown chicken stock
- 1 whole chilli shredded
- 50g ginger pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 60 mL soy sauce
- 10 mL of sesame oil
- 250g red cabbage, shredded
- 250g white cabbage, shredded
- 150g rhubarb, julienned
- 30g fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 60g picked mint sprigs
- 60g coriander sprigs
- 100g crushed salted roasted peanuts
- 100g crushed wasabi peas
- Nuoc mam dressing
- 250mL of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Put chicken and all Asian style poaching stock ingredients in a pot on medium-high heat and simmer until chicken is just cooked, approx. 10-12 mins.
- Drain and set aside in the fridge.
Nouc nam dressing
- Melt the palm sugar in a pan with ¼ cup water, then add sesame oil, sauce, and chilli.
- You can add ginger and garlic to taste if desired.
- Keep chilled.
- Mix cabbage and carrot, rhubarb, ginger together in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken with your fingers and combine with cabbage.
- Add nouc nam and toss well to combine.
Garnish with mint, coriander, peanuts and wasabi peas.