Chicken Stock Recipe
By Ray Capaldi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3kg uncooked meaty Bare Bird chicken bones
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 leek, chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 5L filtered water
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in heavy-based pan over medium–high heat.
- Add chicken bones and cook until dark and golden all over.
- Add the celery, carrot, onion and leek and sweat for approximately 3–5 mins until soft and golden brown.
- Add thyme, pour water over chicken carcases and cook on gentle boil until stock is reduced by half.
- Pass through fine sieve and add salt and pepper to taste.
Set aside until ready to serve/use.