1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup cold water
400g Bare Bird chicken thigh fillets
1 bunch rainbow chard, leaves and stems chopped
2 large red onions, sliced
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup mozzarella, roughly shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flours, butter and sea salt into a large food processor and blitz for about 10 seconds. Pour the water in slowly while the machine is running to form a soft, pliable dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper and place into a 20cm tart pan.
- Prick with a fork and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large frying pan and cook the chard for 5 minutes or until wilted and the stems are tender.
- Cool slightly and then stir through the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Then reduce the heat to low and add the balsamic vinegar and water and cook for a further 15 minutes or until dark and caramelised
Add the onions to the chard and stir to combine.
Add chicken thigh fillet to a pan with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook on medium high heat for about 5 mins on each side, or until browned.
Remove from pan and roughly shred into bite sized pieces. Add the chicken to the onion and silver beet mixture. Season to taste one last time.
Scatter a few pieces of mozzarella on the bottom of your tart shell and then place filling on top, finishing with the pine nuts and remaining mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.