Chicken Lettuce Cups with sweet chilli sauce
By Apron & Ink
500g Bare Bird chicken breast, ground
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 red onion, finely diced
small knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
1 large carrot, finely diced
230g can of water chestnuts, finely diced
2 tbsp gluten free tamari
1 tbsp gluten free oyster sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 spring onion stalks
two heads of cos lettuce (discarding the large outer leaves)
Coriander to serve
Sweet Chilli Sauce
1/3 cup gluten free sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon gluten free fish sauce
juice of 1 lime
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add ground chicken breast and cook until the meat turns white, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic, onion, carrot and ginger and cook until carrot softens.
- Add tamari, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 mins, then add the water chestnuts and half of the spring onions, stirring through for 30 seconds.
- To serve, place teaspoonfuls of chicken mixture onto the baby cos lettuce leaves, top with the remaining spring onions and coriander and serve with the sweet chilli sauce.