Chicken breast with orange vinaigrette
By Ray Capaldi
- 450g The Bare Bird Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced into 4 steaks
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 baby cucumbers, cut into long chunks
- Chives, to serve
- Juice 1 orange
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 small potatoes
- 50mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- To make the orange vinaigrette, place juice from one orange (holding back approx. 50mL) and honey in a pan on medium heat and reduce to a syrup.
- Once thickened, whisk in olive oil and allow to cool.
- Add in the remaining fresh orange juice.
- Cut the potatoes into rounds, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a low heat oven for 20 mins, or until al dente.
- Peel orange, cut into segments and set aside.
- Season breast steaks with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pan fry in a dash of olive oil for 5 mins each side, or until cooked.
- Place warm breast steaks on a plate.
- Mix confit potato, orange segments, vinaigrette and cucumber chunks together and cover over breast steaks.
- Season with salt, pepper and chives before serving