2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Juice 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 whole The Bare Bird chicken, butterflied
Lime Pickled Potato
3 tbsp olive oil
500g kipfler potatoes, boiled & peeled
2 large zucchini, sliced into 1cm rounds
2 tbsp lime pickle (found in Indian section of supermarket)
½ bunch coriander, chopped
Juice ½ lime
½ bunch of mint
0.5 cup greek or natural yoghurt
- Make chermoula paste by combining garlic, parsley, paprika, cumin, cayenne, lemon juice, olive oil and honey, then rub into chicken and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Pre-heat barbecue or grill and cook chicken on both sides until evenly brown. Then place chicken in ovenproof tray and cook in oven for 40 mins.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan, add potato and cook until brown. Add zucchini and cook until lightly browned.
- Separately mix lime pickle, mint, coriander, lime juice and yoghurt, and toss through potatoes gently.
- Remove chicken from oven, allow to rest for 10 mins and serve with potato and zucchini.