- 1 The Bare Bird Boneless Butterflied Chicken
- ¼ cup Mazzetti L’Originale Balsamic Vinegar of Modena 1 Leaf
- ¼ cup Bertolli Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil,
- Fruity Taste ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2–4 cloves garlic,
- Crushed1 tsp salt
- Good grind black pepper
- ½ large eggplant, cubed into 2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 2 French shallots, peeled & quartered length ways (or one brown onion, peeled & cut into 8 wedges length ways)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rings
- 2 packets Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- Additional lemon zest for serving
- Bunch parsley, chopped
- Combine Mazzetti L’Originale Balsamic Vinegar, plus Bertolli Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil with the rest of the marinade ingredients into a large jar. Shake well to combine.
- Place The Bare Bird Boneless Butterflied Chicken into a bowl and pour over most of the marinade, reserving a few spoons for a first basting. You can marinade the chicken for a few mins, or for 24 hrs, either works.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced and place veggies, shallots, olives and sliced lemon into a baking tray that will fit the chicken snugly.
- Place the marinated butterflied chicken on top of the chopped veggies.Bake for 20 mins, baste with the reserved marinade, and then bake for another 20 mins or until chicken breast is cooked through.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, stir fry the Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice in the frying pan for 3 mins.
- Toss through some of the roasted vegetables as the rice heats (keep shallots out and reserve for serving).
- Add in additional lemon zest and chopped parsley and serve on the table, family style.
Take a look at these recipe ideas or have a browse through our whole range of meal inspiration ideas.