Chicken and haloumi tray bake
By Create Cook & Share
- 800g The Bare Bird Chicken Breast
- 8 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 200g haloumi, sliced 2cm thick
- 6 cloves of garlic, halved
Chicken and Potato Marinade:
- 8 springs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced and line a roasting tray with baking paper.
- Combine in a bowl the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, honey, oregano and thyme leaves and mix well.
- Place chicken, potatoes and whole garlic cloves into a large bowl and drizzle over the marinade. Season with sea salt and pepper. Spread onto the baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the haloumi slices. Place back into the oven uncovered for a further 10 minutes at 200C fan-forced.
- In the meantime, whisk in a bowl the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Once baked remove from oven. Take the garlic from the tray and add it to the dressing. Mash the garlic with a fork and then whisk all ingredients to combine. Spoon the dressing over the chicken, potatoes and haloumi. Serve immediately.
Note: To make this recipe dairy-free, use vegan haloumi.
Take a look at these recipe ideas or have a browse through our whole range of meal inspiration ideas.