Baked Chicken with Almonds & Romesco Sauce
By Pierre Khodja
1 whole Bare Bird chicken
5 tablespoon of good olive oil
Salt freshly ground black pepper
20g of toasted flaked almonds
500g of green beans blanched
150g of feta
1/2 a lemon
2 red capsicums, grilled
1 dried red chilli, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
3 roma tomatoes, grilled
100 ml good olive oil
5 cloves garlic
100g roasted almonds
1 slice of good quality white bread
50ml sherry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Rub the chicken with half of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Peel tomatoes and capsicums, chop roughly and place in a blender with all other romesco ingredients. Blend to a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 mins. Place chicken on a chopping board and carve into pieces.
- Spread romesco sauce on a large plate and arrange the chicken pieces on top, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with half the toasted almonds.
- Saute the green beans in remaining olive oil, remove from heat, add a good squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and top with crumbled feta and remaining toasted almonds. Serve alongside the chicken.