Peach Liqueur Marinade
- 80g brown sugar
- 80mL cherry vinegar
- 50mL peach liqueur
- 100mL Chinese molasses
- 60g ketchup
- 300g The Bare Bird Chicken Breast Fillets, diced
- 4 peaches, quartered
Cannellini Bean Salad
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 5 tbsp lemon olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- 200g sour cream
- 25g mild curry powder
- Juice ½ lemon
- Fresh herbs of choice, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- To make the peach liqueur marinade, boil sugar and vinegar until syrupy.
- Add peach liqueur, molasses and ketchup. Allow to cool.
- Place peach at the end of the skewer, then thread chicken and peach alternately, completing the skewer with peach.
- Place the skewers into the peach liqueur marinade and brush to coat.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 20 mins to caramelise.
- Baste skewers with leftover mix halfway through cooking.
- To make the cannellini bean salad, mix cannellini beans with lemon olive oil, parsley, and season with salt, pepper and fresh chilli to your taste.
- Combine and let it sit at room temperature for 15 mins.
- Mix sour cream, curry powder, salt, pepper and lemon juice together, and layer over beans.
- Place skewers and cannellini beans onto a plate.
- Garnish with fresh herbs to serve.