4 Bare Bird maryland (alternatively you can use 8 Bare Bird Drumsticks)
Pinch Salt and pepper
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 knobs butter
250ml chicken stock
3 tbsp cream
3 tbsp milk
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then cover with 1 tablespoon of flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat an oven proof frying pan or pot and pop in the olive oil and 1 knob of butter. Panfry the chicken skin side down until golden and then turn.
- Place in the oven at 200°C for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven, remove chicken from the pan, resting them skin side up.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of flour to the oil left in the pan, and stir with a wooden spoon over a low heat until the flour has combined with the oil.
- Scrape off all the chicken from the bottom of the pan, continue to cook whilst avoiding the flour burning, then add the chicken stock slowly and stir continually until combined.
- Turn up the heat and cook to slightly reduce the chicken stock. Add cream and milk and bring back to a simmer. Add 1 knob of butter, cook until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Return the chicken and any resting juices to the pan, smother the chicken by turning it through the sauce.
- Serve in the oven dish with a beautiful salad on the side